Friday, April 02, 2010

Scrapbooking

Mummy has finally completed the scrapbook for Tokyo after a long 3 months interval. It's not that I need full 3 months to work on the Scrapbook, since it's my first attempt, I took alot of time on the following:

1) Finding the Scrapbook papers - the whole process took me 2 trips at the Scrapbook store
2) Finding the right embellishments, ribbons, stickers, all in all, took me 5 trips all around the stores. Just 1 black ribbon alone took me 2 trips to haunt down my ideal texture.
3) Printing photos, thinking through how to group them in a page or 2 - this took me alot of time as I need to strategise in what size the photos had to be printed
4) Writing journal notes - I can only do this in a quiet setting, when the kids are asleep and when I am still not too tired (which is very rare)

I was busy at work in Jan till CNY, so all in all, probably maybe about 5 full days inclusive of shopping, have been spent to the completion of this Scrapbook. Building up the supplies from scratch is really tedious. My next step now is to understand how stamps work as I am keen to make use of them to work on my next album.

Here's a glimpse on some of the pages..









While the is Mummy's first attempt at Scrapbooking, I admit that I need to do much much better for my next book to record our next overseas trip!

No comments: