Saturday, July 23, 2011

Mummy's birthday

It is one of the rare years that I actually went to work on my birthday.. since I have started out work recently in the new organisation, it wasn't too nice for me to take a full day leave given that it's our closing period. The few days before my birthday in office was really tough, probably because of the fact that I had applied for a half day leave to take a break off from work, so alot of the work were being targeted to finish the night before.

Ah lou took me to watch the Harry Potter finale movie as we had followed through the 6 (or 7) series since it started. I was expecting the finale to be darker and creepier but it turned out to be rather enjoyable and easier to decipher (as compared to the earlier parts).

We went back home to pick up the kids in the evening after the movie and ah lou sent all of us to the airport for dinner..it was a good choice cos the town will remind me of work and the crowds might be too many for us to have a quiet and peaceful meal.

We wanted to have dinner at TCC but found out that Mummy's fav seafood pasta is not available in the menu as this outlet can't do heavy cooking due to the structural constraint in the airport. (so we walked away after taking this picture to Coffee Club)


So we decided to settle in at Coffee Club. Both Caden and Ethan were quickly and comfortably settled and started to flip through the menu and place their orders for the night. It was easy for us, since the boys now have a mind of their own and like to decide what to eat these days.




as usual, Ethan doesn't give a proper smile when it comes to taking a picture with me (or ah lou)



PaPa had his fill when he finished up whatever leftovers Mummy and the kids had graciously offered..


The birthday cake size seems to shrink significant by years as I aged.. we only had a mini-cake cos we were all 90 over percent full and Mummy wanted to save the rest of the space in the tummy to savour their coffee..

Caden was quick enough to possess that chocolate chip that came with the mango cake..


As usual, the boys are treated with some time on iphones as we continue to enjoy the meal with our coffees..


To add icing on the cake, the greatest joy on my birthday was knowing Caden has successfully got enrolled into our school of choice!

No comments: