Monday, January 06, 2014

First CNY packets

We got together at Dover Hospice last evening for a family dinner and booked the function room to facilitate this early reunion. Its kind of mixed feelings for us given my father in law's condition at this point and yet we were hoping to do this as a happy occasion. 

My mil was thoughtful enough to prepare some red packets for my fil to distribute after dinner. He gave them personally one by one with all of us and his grandchildren.  Given his current condition, its strenuous for him to talk to us one by one while giving out the hongbaos.

Eversince I was married to ah lou, besides the hongbao I got from my fil during the wedding tea ceremony,  I think this is probably the second and last hongbao I have received through him.


These cousins are enjoying each other's company in the function room. They are probably too young to anticipate whatever that is going to happen in the next few days

No matter what's going to happen soon, I hope it will be a peaceful and painless departure for him..

No comments: