Saturday, May 20, 2006

His Daily Routine

I have been spending 24/7 with my son for the past 3 days since I started my block leave on Wednesday. It is not easy being a full time mummy with aspirations to play and teach him values as well as exposing him to words at the same time. His daily routine goes like this:-

6-7am Wakes up for his morning milk feed
745am Mummy brings him down for a morning stroll
830am Back home for shower
9am Watching Barney shows while mummy busy preparing his breakfast
930am Finishes his breakfast and plays with his toys
10am Milk feed and mummy pats him to sleep (usually in 30mins)

12pm Wakes up from nap and plays around while mummy quickly gulps down her lunch
1245pm Feeding him porridge
1-230pm Mummy spends time playing and flashing cards with him
3pm Milk feed and mummy can spend up to one hour patting him to sleep !!

5pm Wakes up from his nap and watches his fav Hi-5 shows on tv
6pm After his shower, mummy feeds him his dinner-porridge again..
7pm Leaves home to GuGu's house for dinner (mummy and Papa's dinner)
9pm Reaches home again from GuGu's house and plays staking toys and read his bedtime stories
930pm Milk feed and tosses n turns himself to sleep..

Its bearly only 3 days and I seem to be tired from exhaustion.. wonder how my mil has been coping with him and his cousins all these while.. or is it because I set too high expectations on myself to make his days spent more enriching? I think maybe its really not easy being an effective SAHM, everyone can be a SAHM, but whether can one be a good and fulfilling SAHM is another issue.. But then again, being able to spend this much time with my son after being tied down by work since I returned to office from maternity leave is truly treasured... No matter how mentally and physically exhausting, its really worth it..

Caden snatching and playing with my hp which displays his picture on the cover


watching his fav barney and hi-5 shows with concentration

No comments: