Saturday, November 27, 2010

Bonding time with the boys

Finally I have gotten myself 2 weeks off from work since Tues and have the chance to spend some quality time with the boys. I have been working till late for at least 5 straight weeks prior to my block leave and didn't have too much energy during the past weekends to catch up on the lost time.

On Tues, it was our 8th wedding anniversary and my ah lou and myself went out together (minus the kids) for a full day out. On Wed, I brought Caden out to meet my long-time friends Glory and Wendy for a long-awaited catchup lunch and was glad to know Glory is currently preggie and has joined our motherhood club. Caden was easy to shop around with and handle over lunch (since he eats almost anything), when he had 1 bowl of prawn noodles by himself, 3 chicken wings, shared 1 bottle of 100plus, and a dunkin donut at late afternoon. I am amazed how high metabolic rate children have when I am still full with my medium sized prawn noodles from lunch. Caden was quite accomodating when it comes to shopping with me, so long I allocated some time to him for him to spend some time at the toys section. He had the most fun at the toys fair at taka atrium where he spent a fair amount of time looking at masked rider den-O collection, power rangers RPM collection and watching the live meet and greet show (some yo-gaba gaba stuff - which I totally had no idea who they are!). So eventually, I get to shop around for my clothes and some christmas gifts (selected by Caden for Eillot and Aidan) and bonded with him at the same time for the whole day out.

On Thurs, I stayed at home to supervise the boys to do some homework and managed to pack my wardrobe to clear out some clothes. In the late afternoon, I got Caden to do some rubber artwork at our nearby mall and he was happy with his accomplishment (his first attempt on rubber art).

Friday, it was homework time again in the morning for the boys and I left for my own pampering facial session after lunch at home. And we look forward to more eventful days in the coming week as my ah lou will be on leave and we can venture out to more places since the car is at our reach! (provided the weather is good to us)

No comments: