Saturday, October 27, 2012

My Trial day at home

On one of the Mondays, I did a trial run, for being a SAHM, just for a day. It wasn't quite a real trial for me as Caden had to be in school earlier yesterday morning and I benefitted from having 2.5 hours free being alone at home - catching up on some stuff that I have missed out doing the last few months and resting on the couch, partly from the medication effect (suay that I can even fall ill on my off day)...

Nonetheless, the action got started the moment I picked Ethan up from school. On an impromtu basis, I decided to bring Ethan to the MacDonald's nearby Punggol Plaza upon his request. He was so happy with his treat of Happy meal and finished his whole meal without too much difficulty. On our way back home, he asked if I can be at home everyday for him, right after school.. that's a comforting assurance that at least he will appreciate my presence at home (at this point in time).

At Mac's

Evening play!


Contrary to what most people at my work place has been telling me, that my own children may find it stressful when the mum is 24/7 at home, being the caregiver, and relationships may be strained. I hold the belief that kids may benefit with their mum around at home to nurture them, especially when they are at their early stage of school lives. However, I do recognise that this is not going to be any easy role to play, as patience and trust has to be given to them to make this arrangement beneficial to both the children and mummy who has sacrificed all to be a SAHM.

Nonetheless, I enjoy being at home with the children, getting more self-achievements than what I would have gathered at work..

It's now probably a matter of time when I will do a career switch.

No comments: