Thursday, October 01, 2015

Ethan's favourite authors

 
Ethan has cultivated the love of reading since young. It was lately that his thirst for books somehow exploded. He would ask not to do my assignments during weekdays and seek permission to read instead. Given that reading is a good hobby to build on, I would usually agree to his proposal.
 
He used to love Geronimo Stilton books at Primary 1 and we have already spent lots of $ buying them for our boys. He never gets tired of reading this series:
 

Then I encouraged him to touch on Roald Dahl books, which I loved when I was young. He started with the shorter stories like, The Twits, Esio Trot, George's marvellous medicine. Caden used to love Roald Dahl when he was in P2 as well. Ethan has covered most in this collection, except for 2-3.


I have also got them to read books by Judy Blume, which is very readable for his age and he enjoyed them as well.

 
 
 
At one point, he was so addicted to Captain Underpants series and finished reading the entire collection as well..


As I ran out of series for him to read, beyond Roald Dahl, Stilton and Blume books, I decided to start on books by Enid Blyton. I was a bit apprehensive at the beginning. I wasn't sure if he would enjoy books by Enid Blyton as much as I did when I was young (I read only Amelia Jane and Nancy Drew series). So I asked him to try this Famous Five book which happens to be brand new from the library.


Ah, he enjoyed it thoroughly! He even shared with me that it has an interesting plot and as they tried to uncover treasure in an island. After he finished with this book, he asked me to look for more Famous Five in the library for him :) I am happy with his new found love, as there will be a lot more books to complete before I run out of ideas!

No comments: