Monday, March 06, 2017

Stress

When I heard about how Caden has scored for his CA1 English paper, I tried not to look disappointed because I suppose he had already tried his best. Given that he ended up as one of the bottom lot in his class, I raised the idea of getting him back into English tuition lessons in Mind Stretcher (we compromised earlier this year to drop English because he did not want to have tuition this year). He reasoned it out with us that it will add "stress" to him if we get him on more lessons apart from what he's going through with his school's revision.

The term 'stress' was something new that came out from his reasoning. He probably had picked this term up from his friends in school or through some of the conversations in class.


Ethan happily added to his brother's point and said, "ya lor, you know we have a lot of stress one!"

I asked both of them in return, "what do you understand with the term - stress?"

Answer given to me was " Headache lor"


Their response was not entirely wrong but my point to them was that if they don't want tuition, then they will need to exercise more self-discipline in getting their own revision done in their spare time. The boys will be getting the rest of their CA1 results soon and I know that I can't pin too high hopes on any eye-popping surprises.


No comments: