Monday, December 06, 2010

Mummy's last day of block leave

Today is my last day of block leave. PaPa has already returned to work and my mil had to attend to some praying matters during the day so the house is left with only the boys plus me. I got the boys to eat their breakfast as usual and watch a fair bit of TV programmes. At 10am, I started them with their homework and told them that they can play their computer online games as soon as they finished what I have assigned.

The boys are looking serious with their assignments





Ethan's homework is just to trace the dotted lines to improve his writing skills


The boys did quite well and complete the sections quickly knowing that they will gain more time by doing so. I gave them about an hour to play on the laptop and thereafter we break for lunch at 12pm.

Ethan was tired halfway through his lunch and ask to take his afternoon nap (his usual excuses again). I brought Caden to the supermarket at Punggol plaza after his lunch for some groceries top-up. It was nearly 3pm by the time we reached home and lil Ethan was just awake.

I got Caden to practise his piano while Ethan continues with his homework as his brother plays the instrument. The boys then got themselves some chips after their assignments are completed and play with their toys. As one of the finale reward, I allowed them to play on the laptop once again for abt an hour before we break away for their shower and dinner.

It was quite a fulfilling day as I managed to get the boys do some work without much resistance. And I even got some time for myself to watch amazing race on AXN and 2 episodes of my fav Sat Korean shows (just didn't get enough!).

Tom onwards, I will be spending long hours again in office.. adieu to my homemaker life (minus housework ;))

No comments: