Sunday, December 26, 2010

This Christmas

My boys are fortunate to earn themselves a bags of new toys this Christmas again. Caden has been counting down to this day since beginning of Dec and kept asking, "Mummy, how many more days to Christmas?" I will help him by telling him that, "oh, it's another 22 days.." and the countdown began. He got more excited as each day closed and as the number of days to Christmas becomes shorter. On the eve of Christmas, before we both left for work, Caden suddenly woke up and asked, "Mummy is today the Christmas eve?" Caden and Ethan both knew that they are getting a Metal Fight beyblade from Samuel and will get to battle together with that metal spin top.

They both earn themselves transformers toy from Uncle Alan, Ben 10 stuff from Uncle Brian and Auntie Winnie and best of all the metal fight beyblades from Ah Gu. These adds to their load of boxes of toys at home. We have been conscious about the amount of toys given to the boys and not be overly pampered. This year, I have bought them on the basis that they use their reward stars to claim and only 1 present that did not require any deduction of their stars was their birthday presents.

I was just telling my ah lou that I still have memories when I was five. He was amazed because he cannot even recall how he was like when he was five years old. I told him that at Caden's age, I have already lost my father from cancer. It was quite horrid to think that at Caden's age, either one of us were not to be around. And obviously I didn't have the luxury of having many toys to accompany me during my childhood. I only had a barbie doll and a bicycle plus some paper cut-out dolls to keep me occupied.

Today's children are really well-pampered. And certainly, Christmas is the time of the year that they will look forward to every year.

No comments: