Monday, August 29, 2011

Parenting

Recently, I started to have doubts abt my own parenting method.. I used to believe that instilling a set of disciplined routine into the children's life at early stage is beneficial.. Lately Caden has been easily tempered. He started whining really badly when things don't go in his way. I remembered just having a conclusive comment with ah Lou a few weeks back that Caden seemed to be more tamed these days and can be considered as one of the easier child to manage. However whenever he drops back to his whiny self, one of us will definitely get irritated and it takes a lot to control yourself to be extra patient with him during the entire crying process.

Typically I used the cooling off way- bringing him to the door and telling him that I'll send him out of the house if he continues to whine. My ah Lou is usually cold.. He prefers to let him finish with his crying by himself if he is able to tolerate those whining. If Caden hits a bad day from his father, the cane marks will be there for him to bear.

I seem to have not been able to master how best to manage my child under difficult or stressed situations.. Sometimes I'll just dwell deep into not being able to play the role of a mother well.. It's really frustrating to see the child not being able to listen when you need them to be.. Especially when one has so many other things to work on - perhaps, this period has been a toil on us given that we had to see through so many housechores on weekdays and weekends. It's not easy to have a good break mentally, and I gathered the only time to do so is when the 2 boys are both taking their afternoon naps on sat! Hopefully things just gets better in 3 weeks time when the new helper is here.

No comments: