Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Many many thoughts - Part II

Today, again I was hit by another sarcasim remark at work which could easily trigger my anger point. But I stayed neutral. I got my increment letter yesterday and the rate given was one of the lowest I ever received despite the efforts I put through the last half year (cos it seems the HR policy prorates all new joiners), instead of feeling discouraged, demoralized, I was neutral.

Possibly a chain of events happened this week:
1) I saw a little gal aged 7-8 years dragging a pail of dirty dishes while I was queuing up for my fav chicken rice at a food centre on Sunday. Children of her age are typically either out playing or busy with classes during weekends but she had to help out by working at such a tender age. I was quite affected by the scene and think my boys are really fortunate
2) My long time friend had gone through a terrible period last year and I wasn't there for her as I had not made constant efforts to keep in touch with this group of good old friends. I could have lost her then but thankfully she survived that ordeal and sat healthily sharing with me how quick her recovery had happened. I was really affected for the pain that she has gone through and for the fact that my support wasn't given at that period.

I fear witnessing losing the people around me or seeing them suffer. Most of us are really the fortunate bunch and things are usually taken for granted. I have to count my blessings for each day that is passed..

No comments: