Saturday, September 01, 2012

Decisions

I realised that as I aged, the decision making process seems to have shortened. I grew up in a very independent environment since young. I made my own decision on which secondary school I wanted to attend after my PSLE exams, I made my choice of junior college after the O levels exams and made my choice of courses which I wanted to pursue in the university. Based on my impression, the decision making process seems to be done in a more conscientious manner when I made my first career choice upon graduation, before marriage, buying a house, planning the decor of the house, switching jobs, all during the period when I was in the twenties.

As I progressed now beyond mid-thirties, decisions tend to be done in a swift manner. I have shifted to the tendency of making decisions which goes with my heart, instead of being ruled by the head. Probably so, because, at this point of my life, I have learnt to accept that not all things have to fall into perfect place. There are times when things just don't happen the way you want them to and times when everything just works for you. What matters most, is whatever we choose, we hope to end up happier.

I have made up my mind on something in July and was still affirmative during the month of August. I had a moral obligation and hence decided to execute this task only in mid-Oct. A few incidents happened thereafter:
1) My recent health medical report had shown some negative indicators, which requires me to have a second review
2) personal environment was also pointing negatively to the execution idea

The recent chain of events seem to be signs for me to reconsider my earlier plan to change the route of my life. This point, I have to least have a clearance from the doctor on my current state of health, before making any changes.

Though, honestly, I was surprised with myself for being so decisive on my plan earlier, as it has been a lingering thought to do this for the last few years. There are now too many factors that seems to be stopping me and I will just have to shelf this idea aside for the next few months - next target date of execution will be scheduled to be in end March next year...

No comments: