Monday, May 04, 2015

Ethan's first tooth extraction

We always have a lot of issues with Ethan's teeth since young. Besides having a few decays, he had a dead tooth since he was 3 (when his cousin accidentally knocked him down and the nerves were dead since that incident). So finally, this dead tooth became shaky about 2 months back but it didn't fall out naturally after this while.

So bleeding occurred occasionally as he fiddled with this shaky dead tooth once in a while.  We decided that it's time to get this tooth extracted so he won't have any more bleeding occurrences.

But, he cried dearly when his PaPa attempted to pull out using a dental floss... to be honest, if the same approach is applied on me, I would have been terrified as well. I called up the school dentist to make an appointment for an extraction and he was so nervous with my arrangement.

Luckily, the appointment was scheduled to happen after his recess time last week, so I assigned Caden to chaperone his younger brother after they had their food to the dental clinic in school.. I heard from Ethan that Caden just dropped him to the clinic and went off to play with his classmates, so the poor boy was left alone facing his deadly task.

I think it turned out to be painless for him as the dentist applied a gel on his gums before the extraction (I remembered that it was always an injection for me during my time!). He texted me a picture of his toothless selfie once he got home:




The dentist has scheduled him for another visit today to do fillings.. I am sure this time round, it will be painful for him...

No comments: