Thursday, June 25, 2015

SEA Games Opening Ceremony 5th June 2015

We had tickets to the SEA Games opening ceremony which happened on the same day after we touched down from Phuket on the 5th June. I only had 3 hours of sleep that day as Caden had a lesson in school at 9am.

We dropped the kids off at Peggy's place and went to old airport road for our early dinner. Then we took a slow stroll to the Stadium. The crowd was horrid and there was already a long queue to get into the stadium at late 6plus pm (due to tight security controls).

Finally the ceremony started at 8pm, by then I was almost at a state of zombie (but my lou was super enthusiastic throughout the night) and tried really hard to stay focused and enjoy the show..

Some highlights:

Great LED displays




still so alert...



It was almost near 10pm when we got out of the stadium after the ceremony and I was completely tired and unwell due to the huge crowds outside the stadium. We had to take a long stroll back to Mountbatten where we had parked our car and it was such a torturing experience for me since I don't usually survive well in big crowds situation (I had low blood pressure)..
 

This kind of experience, I think I only want to do it once in my lifetime! (although I think the show was quite well done as a matter of fact)

No comments: