Monday, January 22, 2007

A date with Dr Sim

Caden's fever went up to 38.4 this morning, so I decided to take urgent leave to bring him see Dr Sim (we also ran out of cough syrup). It's the first time I took him on a cab ride alone.. but he was obedient enough to stay still and quiet throughout the morning jam..

Somehow. we managed to be the first patient on the list (cos the rest of the mummies who came early did not bother to queue at the door). When its time to see Dr Sim, Caden hesitated to go into the room, but I tricked him in helping me to knock on his door..

As usual, he was defensive and fearful when Doc listens to his chest, checks his ears and especially throat (which is sore red).. Dr Sim commented that Caden has developed very well in his speech at his age (21 mths < 2 yrs), and being a boy.. He mentioned that this development is pretty rare for children as he witnessed Caden talking to me in short phases, communicating his needs.. its definitely something that we should be proud of, but at this point what matters most is to see him getting well again..

I am taking this chance to read up more on the "Terrible 2" stage to overcome his tantrums, since I reckon his past behavioural development seems to suggest that..

No comments: