Wednesday, January 17, 2007

This week

Finally Mummy is able to come home on time to catch a glimpse of Caden's awake hours since Monday night (of course at the expense of all the taxi trips!).. Caden's sleeping hours has somehow been delayed lately (no sure if my MIL wasn't strict with him).. I decided to enforce my discipline on Caden in PaPa's absence. Caden on Monday night was crying pretty badly when i left him alone in his room after his milk feed (as he was asking for my company).. I thought by ignoring him, he will fall asleep by himself.. but he came out of the room, choking on his tears and then vomited alot - which is a real nightmare for me - cos I was dead tired from work, not done my shower, had to pacify him, clean him up, clean up the floor mess.. etc.. I then scolded Caden to stop giving me nonsense and go to sleep with Grandma.

Tuesday night, again, he refused to go to sleep at 945pm, said he wanted to continue playing in the living room.. I had to drag him into my room, read a book and then switched off the lights. And again, he was climbing up and down the bed in darkness, sitting and standing on the bed, showing no signs of sleeping.. And again, I wanted so badly to go for my shower, I had no choice but to scold Caden again.. telling him that when's its time to sleep, its time to sleep, no more monkey business..

Tonight, again, he was pretty demanding during bedtime, I have to raise my voice at him to tell him to stop fidgeting and stay still to sleep.. thereafter, I walked out of the room and went ahead with my shower.. when I was done, he was already in the slumberland..

But each time, when I carry Caden back to his own room, I will send an apology softly through his ears.. and I know he doesn't hold it against me as each morning, he always greeted me with happiness when I woke him up!

No comments: