Tuesday, April 01, 2008

2 long weeks

It has been a long and dragful 2 long weeks to Mummy. Papa left to serve his national call since last Tues and be back today. During this period, I was either on leave full day, if not half a day, to make sure that I don't reach home late at night without car transport.

So going to work each morning is already a drag.. I was so used to being ferried around since I always have my usual big tote, breastpump bag and laptop bag which I carry to and fro work. Staying in Punggol makes my journey worse as I need to switch to different lines of the train tracks.

Then came bad news from work. Can't elaborate too much since some of my work colleagues may have access to my blog - so hush hush for now, but definitely its bad enough to dampen my mood for the last 2 weeks..

Then Caden came down with a bad hit on stomach flu since Friday night. Today he is still vomiting in the morning and have been very reliant on me to provide my attention as usual.

Then to top up the worst day of the period, I have been contracted with gastric flu as well.. I have no choice but to be on medical leave today despite having my reporting period starting today..

so it makes a lot of sense to have both parents around when you have young children, otherwise one will end up suffering like me (not to mention the sleepless nights from the 2 crying babies) in the absence of one. I kept telling my ah lou that his NS is more lax than my "NS" at home...

Anyway, ah lou will be back this evening.. my nightmare will be over soon, provided my flu bug goes away quickly as well..

No comments: