Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease - It's Mummy!

After 2 days of viral fever and gastric flu, ulcers started to form all over my mouth. And it's really all over. This morning, I went to the Doc again for his examination and he confirmed that it's HFMD. Sigh.. I do not know how I contacted this and where the source is from, since I have always been careful with putting food into my mouth with my bare hands. Moreover, last week, most of the times, I am at home babysitting in Mil's absence so the outside contact has been greatly reduced. The only closest case will be Ethan, who had ulcers near the tonsils but Dr Sim confirmed that it's not HFMD cos there are no rash on his hands and feet.

Without knowing that I have HFMD incubated within me in the last few days, I had maintained close contacts with my 2 boys since I am on medical leave and resting at home. Hopefully they will not catch the virus from me otherwise it will be damn torturing for them to go through this virus.

This means that I am fully quarantined in my cosy bedroom with my laptop as my only mode of entertainment for the next 5 days..

Suay things that happened to myself thus far in the last 10 years:

1) HFMD
2) diagnosed with anemia and low red blood count last Dec during the full body health check
3) fake chicken pox - nest bites on my body http://my-precious-baby.blogspot.com/2008/07/seeing-them.html
4) post delivery hormone imbalance which resulted in full bodied rash (minority 5% of total preggie mums) http://my-precious-baby.blogspot.com/2007/11/mummys-complications.html
5) 2 threatened abortions, of which 1st one resulted in hospitalisation
6) extraction of 4 wisdom tooth at one go
7) broke front tooth when I fainted during shopping in year 2000

and not to mention many other incidents during my school days

I was just sharing with my ex-co that I have been trying to take a step off from work where nec, and spend more time with my kids. Knowing the personal drive in myself, she doubted and asked me is this really what I want out from the career path. I told her when she has children of her own, she will understand when there is a need to prioritise in life. I lost both my parents by teens and have been very independent since then, fairly self-driven and completed my Accountancy degree locally in NTU. Never taken any tuition lessons in my whole studying years (irony - now that I started tuition for my kids b4 they start proper sch!). Possibly it's because I have always understand you need to work hard in order to attain what you are trying to achieve. So I need to channel this energy onto my kids instead of work so that they will be guided well while they are still young before things go outside your control.

No comments: