Monday, May 31, 2010

Mrs Goh's feedback

We attended Caden's classmate (Benjamin) birthday party at Explorer Kids on Sat and was surprised to see Caden's school teacher, Mrs Goh, being present as well. Caden was utterly shy when he saw his teacher at Explorer Kids and did not greet her and went ahead to play on his own with his classmates (Ben and Daniel). My ah lou kept pestering me to speak to Mrs Goh and ask about Caden's behaviour and performance in school. And when Mrs Goh saw me (she recognised me since I picked Caden up from his Sports Day), she came up and started a conversation with me abt Caden. We learnt that Caden is very shy in class (he usually doesn't like to talk to adults besides us and his grandma) but interacts well with his classmates. Caden is also able to follow instructions very well and can do the assignments independently in school. Honestly, it's quite comforting to hear these direct from the teacher..

Today is the start of School Holidays and I have planned to continue with the usual routine of homework for Caden on a daily basis. I thought the current Shark Sticker book can help to motivate him to complete his homework on time since he gets to stick 2 stickers each night after we are satisfied with his homework. Caden didn't finish up with the 4 pages that I have assigned and explained that he cannot work on the English homework cos Grandma cannot explain to him what needs to be done. Ok, reason accepted. As he happily work on his drawing at night when I was working on my office work beside him, he talked abt the movie scenes of Iron Man and it was decribed so vividly, I then realised that maybe he had watched it recently, otherwise, he won't be able to remember the details of Iron Man show so well. I asked Caden whether they watch the movie at home when we are at work and it took him a long time to admit the truth. He then explained that Sam and him did not watch Iron Man today but the movie Transformers. I was so upset with him since I have instructed him on many occasions that he cannot watch any of the recorded shows without our permissions. And he also admited that Grandma is not aware that they are watching the movie (which I cannot believe how this happens since she is at home)..

sigh.. I hope i can still instill the discipline in him since he is still young now.. hopefully he listens going forward.

No comments: