Monday, December 23, 2013

Latest addition in the kitchen

I must admit that I have lost touched with what technology has improved over the years in terms of household appliances. After hunting for a new rice cooker for the past few weeks,  I have decided to get a Tiger cooker at the recent Isetan private sale as the quality of the inner pot seems to convince me that this is a good buy. I have compared zojirushi (starting price is $259) with panasonic (starting price is $119) previously in best denki and realised the price variance between these 2 brands are attributed to the following main factors:

1) made in japan
2) quality of the inner pot

So when I saw the functions and the inner pot of the Tiger rice cooker in isetan,  which was going at almost $200 cheaper from its retail price with limited stocks of 50 pieces, I decided to go with tiger instead of Panasonic.

It is an amazing find. The first day I used it to cook rice, the boys commented that the rice smells so nice the moment dinner was served (without realising that I have changed to using a new cooker). Personally I think the rice is much softer and taste better! ( using the same old pack of rice that we have been eating).

I went on to try cooking porridge and brown rice with this cooker and it provided relatively good results. Coupled with the fact that this comes with a timer, it really gives us more flexibility and convenience especially if I need to be out for a while without having to worry when to get the rice done. Am happy with this buy..

No comments: