Thursday, December 12, 2013

I am a random cook

I attempted to do a restaurant quality kind of broccoli dish (minus scallop and prawns to control cholesterol) on Tuesday and Ethan gave me 2 thumbs up for that dish.
 
As I will be doing heavy duty housework today,  I thought of having this same dish on last night to finish up the last bunch of broccoli I have in the fridge.

Turns out that I forgot how I did that on the day before! 

So I had to recreate the dish again.  After some taste testing during the cooking,  I managed to get back the same taste.
 
So here goes the recipe (better have this documented before I forget the next round again)

Ingredients
Broccoli
Garlic (sliced)
Carrots
Seasoning for the broth
1) chicken stock
2) hua tiao wine (1 tbsp)
3) soy sauce (1 tsp)
4) pinch of salt for final taste
5) sugar ( 1/2 tbsp)
6) sesame oil (pour around the veg during cooking)

Steps
1) fry garlic till fragrant and add in carrots 
2) add blanched broccoli and chicken stock
3) add the rest of the seasoning and bring to boil
4) use corn starch solution to thicken the gravy (go easy on this if you want to have the sauce for your rice)

What I did last night was to add in more chicken stock so that the sauce can be used to wet our rice. It's really nice and easy for the boys to eat their rice.

Besides broccoli,  I had a go at making lemon chicken.  The fried chicken on its own turns out tasty as well (my ah lou didn't even need the home made lemon sauce to go with the chicken)
Before frying
half a portion was more deeply fried - these are only for adults

Again,  the quantity is not sufficient for us simply because its really nice :) I have done the children's favorite ABC soup last night to complete the meal.

I realised that I like to cook with the instinct I had on that day. Having said that, I shouldn't be bothered to even document down how I cooked the dishes!
 

No comments: