Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Grandma is on leave

My mother-in-law has happily left for the day to enjoy a sumptuous hi-tea spread with my father-in-law yesterday. As I had planned to utilise my remaining one month maternity as I can, I am tasked to baby-sit the rest of the children in the house for the afternoon. I have done this once just 2 weeks ago, and thought there shouldn't be a problem doing it again yesterday.

Kimi wasn't too cooperative, it was tiring getting her to take her afternoon nap. She was moody after she came back from school, not looking for Grandma, but rather wanted her Mummy or Daddy to come back again(this happened 2 weeks ago). I have to sms her Daddy to get him to call home and ask her to sleep.. in the end, after attempting for almost 4 hours, I gave up the idea.


Caden was super-cooperative, surprisingly, he slept from 130pm till almost 5pm, where I have to wake him up so that he will not have a problem getting to sleep at night.. Ethan was good too, he has to be woken up from his sleep to take a scheduled milk feed which has been exceeded by 1 hour.

I had planned to be a Chinese teacher by bringing along a book, the children obviously took no interest in that and kept bugging me to play Barney for them to watch. In the end, I gave in cos I need to be busy feeding Ethan again.

My MIL came back later that night looking very happy, she commented that this could be her one and only hi-tea in her life.. if there's another chance, I think I'll probably sponsor them to do another round later this year.

No comments: